Happy Friday y’all!
Is it just me, or does Friday bring this overwhelming sense of relief, even when you know you have TONS of work to do over the weekend? With school starting up again in a few weeks, and my upcoming qualifying exams, I am busy, busy, busy!
Anywho, I recently started tracking my macros again (for more info on macros, check out my previous post Counting Macros- Whats the Hype?). Since my schedule is usually pretty crazy in the mornings, I default to protein shakes for breakfast. But after a while, that gets quite boring! So, I decided to bring back an oldie (but SUCH a goodie) for breakfast this morning- Egg White Oats!
Chances are, you’ve seen pictures or recipes like this before. Egg White Oats were pretty popular a few years back when I was a newbie to the macro world. But if not, I hope you’ll consider giving this creamy, delicious recipe a shot!
15g Protein, 27g Carbs, 3g Fat (200 Calories)
- 1/2 cup Oats (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- Cinnamon & any other toppings your heart desires!
- Add water and oats to small pot & allow oats to cook until all the water has been absorbed and oats start to look soft.
- Add egg whites (1/4 cup at a time) and stir continuously until the oats start to take on a creamy texture.
- Stir in cinnamon, and top with any of your favorite nut butters or fruit. I love this with a little walden farms maple syrup, or some almond butter and blueberries!
I hope you have a productive Friday, and a great weekend! I’ll be right here, working on a presentation for my committee meeting next week.
I’d love to know if you have any favorite macro-friendly recipes to share 🙂
Until next time,